Installed an Apache on Suse Linux 10. Configured httpd.conf including a rewrite rule in a virtual host. No configuration errors, but it did not work at all! After a while I discovered that the mod-rewrite module had been installed, but not enabled with this version of Apache (2.2.x).
Simple question: is Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.0.2 with Forms and Reports certified on Suse Linux 10. The customer is forced to move to Suse 10, and is not quite happy to upgrade to 10.1.2.3, for that could have numerous consequences for Forms, Designer, Java etc.
What to do about the ever growing files on Oracle application server as: - default-web-access.log - server.log and more.. These files are not logrotated (OAS < 10.1.3 ) and cannot always be deleted or renamed manually on a 'normal' way, and it must be scripted to avoid extraordinary large log-files. Quite annoying, until Frits Hoogland pointed me to a standard Linux-functionality, 'logrotate'.
Apex, version 3.2.1.00.10, on a 10.2.0.3-database is working fine for some time. Then, while clicking the 'application builder' home-page, we got the 'page not found'-error in the browser. Logging of Apache shows: mod_plsql: /pls/apex_schd/f HTTP-404 ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel\n mod_plsql: Unable to reset state for mode 0: Err 3114 url=>/pls/apex_schd/f
A java-progam (.jar) is calling a webservice, written in C#. I'm able to unzip the jarfile to detect which service it is calling, but how do I know the service is listening to that name? Especially it's not documented and I don't have a clue about the name of the wsdl-file. A webservice, written in C#, is calling an Oracle Database. Oracle 9i client has been installed. Message appears: "System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater".
Installed and configured application server 10.1.2.0.2 on VM-ware with guest-OS Suse Linux 9. All worked fine, until a (hard) reboot by system admin. OID can’t connect to the default port 13060.
Error in $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/log/oidldapd01.log :
“Bind Failed On Communication Endpoint” and “Dispatcher Process unable to bind to port”
Because it was a rough […]
The whole company has to move in the end to Sun Java instead of Jinitiator (also based on Sun Java by the way), so also the Discoverer – application.
Changed the client from Jinitatior 1.3.2 to Sun 5, update 6 (5.0.6). You can download it here by the way.
As of this release you can no longer specify the exact JRE release. Only configure the ‘Family CLSID’.
Configure Discoverer, middle-tier:
1. cd $ORACLE_HOME/discoverer/config
2. backup configuration.xml
3. edit configuration.xml
4. comment out the original Sun JRE tag using the comment tags:
<!– <jvm name=”sun” classid=”clsid:CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA” plugin_setup=”http://biserver.domain:7779/jpi/j2re.exe” version=”1.4.2″ versionie=”1,4,2,mn” type=”application/x-java-applet” plugin_page=”http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html” disco_archive=”disco5i.jarjar” d4o_archive=”d4o_double.jarjar”/> –>
5. Insert the new Sun JRE tag:
<jvm name=”sun” classid=”clsid:CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA” plugin_setup=”http://biserver.domain:7779/jpi/jre5u16.exe” version=”1.5″ versionie=”1,5,0,mn” type=”application/x-java-applet” plugin_page=”http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp” disco_archive=”disco5i.jarjar” d4o_archive=”d4o_double.jarjar”/>
Table of the Sun version versus the Family CLSID’s:
1.4.2 : clsid:CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
5.0 : clsid:CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
6.0 : clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
Oracle quote ———>:
“The behavior will be as follows:
If the user does not have any JRE installed on the client PC, then the JRE installed be what you have configured with the plugin_setup parameter; therefore, we would recommend that you stage the latest minor version within the JRE family.
* For 1.5, it will be 1.5.0_16 (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp).
This would require the Discoverer Administrator to:
* Download the latest jre family Windows executable you plan to use on the Windows clients
* copy or ftp (binary) the executable to the Discoverer middle-tier server at: $ORACLE_HOME/jpi/bin/
You may name it whatever you wish, for example: jre142u18.exe or jre150u16.exe
* Update the plugin_setup=”http://biserver.domain:7779/jpi/jre5u16.exe” (in the file configuration.xml), making sure the executable names match
” <——— end of Oracle quote.
Problem: A report, designed for generating PDF with the true-type font Univers in it, does not work while deployed on the web, and uses other fonts instead.
Cause: there’s no Univers installed in the Reports Services on Unix.
Solution: install the font and configure the Reports Service! Sounds simple…
In the process of figuring this out, I had several error-messages, like rep-1352 (The fonts specified for this report cannot be found for the character set specified by NLS_LANG) , and rep-1 (nothing else…).
Took a lot of time to eliminate those errors, partly because there was a feature in the specified report what did’nt speed up the process of resolving this issue: embedded html. This caused for example the “rep-1”-error.
With special thanks to Marc Riesewijk, developer:
1. First, make a so called ‘AFM’-file of the font-files from your windows-client, which will be used to copy to the Linux-server.
In the case of Univers there are the following files in c:\windows\fonts: