This is the second post of my little project of building my own RAC on my Windows7-desktop (64-bits, 8GB RAM), using 3 VM’s (VM-workstation , 7.1.3 build-324285) :
- 2 VM’s for two RAC-nodes, based on OEL 5.5, 22.214.171.124 for infra, and database.
- 1 VM as my own SAN, based on Openfiler 2.3 (free), for ASM.
My goal: just a little bit hands-on experience with Openfiler, and do some testing with RAC 11gr2, and especially 126.96.36.199. Maybe it’s helpful for somebody else, so I’ll post my experiences. Steps I’m gonna perform.
– The first post handled the following:1. Planning my installation 2. Create a VM with OpenFiler 3. Configure Openfiler
– The second post (this post):4. Create a VM as node rac1 and configure ASM
5. Create a VM as node rac2 6. Install Oracle RAC Infrastructure 7. Install Oracle RAC software