Waited for a long time now, but here it is, copied it from the official press release. It’s a bit pity of the 90 days in the second bullet, but in the meantime it is certified all the way and it is reflected in the certification in My Oracle Support.
Oracle Announces the Certification of the Oracle Database on Oracle Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Redwood Shores, Calif. – March 22, 2012
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (R2) and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (R1) are immediately available on Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
- Oracle Database 11g R2 and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 will be available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6) and Oracle Linux 6 with the Red Hat Compatible Kernel in 90 days.
- Oracle offers direct Linux support to customers running RHEL6, Oracle Linux 6, or a combination of both.
- Oracle Linux will continue to maintain compatibility with Red Hat Linux.
- Effective immediately, Oracle will provide its Red Hat compatible Linux binaries, updates and errata for free http://public-yum.oracle.com. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Some FAQ on this matter can also be found on the Redhat-site here.