Discoverer shows down in Grid Control while up.
Short one this time, all in favour of getting my green ‘pie’ in Grid Control management server.
Grid Control: 10.2.0.5. Discoverer: 10.1.2.x
In Grid Control, after upgrade to 10.2.0.5, a Discoverer target shows down in the list, while it’s functioning quite well.
It seemed an old bug (Grid Ctrl 10.1.04) is still not fixed:
- Bug 4474849 / 3897834 ‘DISCOVERER INSTANCES ALWAYS SHOW DOWN’
- Note: 332363.1
1- Remove the Application Server target which owns the Discoverer component (10.1.2) in the Grid Control
2- Stop the agent
3- Backup the file %CENTRAL_AGENT_ORACLE_HOME%/sysman/admin/metadata/oracle_discoverer.xml file.
Replace this file by:
BI_ORACLE_HOME corresponds to the Oracle_Home where Discoverer 10.1.2 is installed.
4- Restart the agent
5- Rediscover the Application Server target on the host, by typing (Agent-environment) ‘agentca -d’.
- While migrating discoverer sso-connections, ‘ssomig’ hangs
- Grid Control: number of active connections is….
- VM-time out of sync, runs too fast with guest-O.S. Suse Linux 9 / 10
- Sun JRE instead of Jinitiator: Discoverer
- Object ODS.OID_RESPONSE_ARRAY_TYPE does not exist, Grid Control 10.2.0.5
- Discoverer Plus decreased interaction-performance with Sun JRE 1.6.0_03
- Status application server down in Grid Control, while all components are up.
- Crash Grid Control agent, too many open files;health check-error
- Grid Control, OMS : large number of defunct-processes
- Installing Grid Control 10.2.0.4