Errors in alert log [NI cryptographic checksum mismatch] TNS-12599

By | May 25th, 2011|Categories: Database, grid control|

Using rdbms 11.2 as the repository for our Grid Control environmont, noticed a lot of the same errors in the alert file of the repository or/and the target database:

NI cryptographic checksum mismatch error: 12599.
VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 – Production
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 – Production
TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 – Production
Time: 24-MAR-2011 11:58:31
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
ns main err code: 12599

TNS-12599: TNS:cryptographic checksum mismatch
ns secondary err code: 2526
nt main err code: 0
nt secondary err code: 0
nt OS err code: 0

Note: 1150874.1 gives the cause, workaround and solution:

[…]

Restoring OCR on 11.2.0.2-cluster

By | May 15th, 2011|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , |

As the documentation about restoring an OCR did not work as it should be, hereby a method to do this.

My RAC project with Openfiler, part II – grid infrastructure and database

By | January 24th, 2011|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , |

This is the second post of my little project of building my own RAC on my Windows7-desktop (64-bits, 8GB RAM), using 3 VM’s (VM-workstation , 7.1.3 build-324285) : * 2 VM’s for two RAC-nodes, based on OEL 5.5, 11.2.0.2 for infra, and database. * 1 VM as my own SAN, based on Openfiler 2.3 (free), for ASM.

My RAC project with Openfiler, part I – Openfiler

By | January 17th, 2011|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , , |

My current job doesn’t offer me at the moment the opportunity to play with RAC or other stuff, so I decided to build my own RAC on my Windows7-desktop (64-bits, 8GB RAM), using 3 VM’s (VM-workstation , 7.1.3 build-324285) : * 2 VM’s for two RAC-nodes, based on OEL 5.5, 11.2.0.2 for infra, and database. * 1 VM as my own SAN, based on Openfiler 2.3, for ASM.

Prerequisite-check fails on installing infrastructure: ORCL:VOL1 is not a valid path

By | January 12th, 2011|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , |

While installing a grid - infrastructure on my own RAC-cluster (VMware), using ASM with Openfiler as by own SAN, the prerequisite-check fails at step 15 with : PRVF-5150 : Path ORCL:VOL1 is not a valid path on all nodes

Unable to load module oracleasm with the ‘init’ command

By | January 6th, 2011|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , , |

While building my own RAC on two VM's, using a third VM with Openfiler on it as my SAN, I had to dowload, install, configure and load ASMLIB. Loading didn't seem to go smoothly at my own project. First I analyzed what I did, steps I took

iscsiadm discovery: no output with Openfiler.

By | December 31st, 2010|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , |

I was building my own Oracle RAC 11g cluster (11.2.0.2) with Openfiler as my shared storage. Two VM's as my rac-cluster, one VM with Openfiler as my own SAN. Followed the instructions of the article of Jeffrey Hunter how to build a RAC on OEL and iSCSI, however this article is not based on VM. My Openfiler-VM was ready, given access to my both nodes on iSCSI-level, and now I want my rac1-node to discover the iSCSI-drives on my Openfiler.

Script for setting up ssh on RAC-nodes

By | December 30th, 2010|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , , |

Finished a RAC-course with instructor Harald van Breederode. Noticed that he used a script for setting up ssh on the nodes. Short, powerful.

It started with a Misscount…

By | November 7th, 2010|Categories: Database, RAC|Tags: , |

For those who are not that interested in the whole story about RAC, GFS2, the misscount-parameter and Red Hat, I’ll give you the outcome: don’t use RAC (10 or 11) with GFS2 – Red Hat Cluster Suite, it’s a dead end road. For those who are interested, you’re invited…

[…]

Rewrite in Apache does not work anymore

By | June 21st, 2010|Categories: App. Server|Tags: , , |

Installed an Apache on Suse Linux 10. Configured httpd.conf including a rewrite rule in a virtual host. No configuration errors, but it did not work at all! After a while I discovered that the mod-rewrite module had been installed, but not enabled with this version of Apache (2.2.x).