Webutil installation / configuration on Application Server 10.2.0.2 at Suse Linux 9, 64-bits. Combination of several notes:
374128.1 – howto install webutil on oas under Linux/Unix.
333385.1 – Kickstarting WebUtil 1.06 in Developer Suite 10.1.2.0.2
0. Linux and version 10.1.2.0.2
1. Create directory webutil in ORACLE_HOME/forms
2. Transfer in binary mode the following files in the directory $ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil
3. The following alias was created in the file ORACLE_HOME/forms/server/forms.conf:
AliasMatch ^/forms/webutil/(..*) “ORACLCE_HOME/forms/webutil/$1”
4.The file webutil.cfg was created in the ORACLE_HOME/forms/server and he is looking like:
5. Copy/sign jar files in the following directory ORACLE_HOME/forms/java:
Download from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jacob-project/jacob_18.zip
Signing (not always necessary) :
Sign the Jar files, frmwebutil.jar and the jacob.jar, using forms/webutil/sign_webutil.sh in Linux.
This is a one-time operation, which allows your end-users to trust that the JACOB routines can access client side resources.
1. Make sure that keytool and jarsigner are present in the path (jarsigner.exe , keytool.exe). They are usually available in the bin directory of your Java SDK installation.
2. Issue sign_webutil.sh in Unix/Linux
[Previously this point stated that frmwebutil.jar also needed to be signed. This is no longer neccessary and should not be done.]
6.If you already have a schema in your RDBMS which contains the WebUtil stored code,
you may skip this step. Otherwise have a look at Note 333385.1 , step 4:
Start SQL*Plus as SYSTEM, and issue:
CREATE USER webutil IDENTIFIED BY [password]
DEFAULT TABLESPACE users
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp;
GRANT CONNECT, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM TO webutil;
— Inspect SQL*Plus output for errors, and then
CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM webutil_db FOR webutil.webutil_db;
Reconnect as SYSTEM, and issue:
grant execute on webutil_db to public;
8. Transfer in binary mode the following files :
WU_TEST_106.fmb (not in the zip-files nowadays, zo right-click and ‘save as..’), or get it here from Oracle (right side, below Demonstrations, Webutil_Demo).
in the ORACLE_HOME/forms directory
9. Transfer the following files :
in the directory ORACLE_HOME/forms/server
10. In formsweb.cfg create the following config section
11. Compile the webutil.pll library:
frmcmp.sh MODULE=$ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil.pll USERID=webutil/webutil@orcl MODULE_TYPE=LIBRARY
– no compilation errors
12. Add jacob.jar and frmwebutil.jar to CLASSPATH or FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH … otherwise there is an error message when opening the canvas in the new created fmb
13. Bounce the OC4J_BI_Forms container on the application server middle tier
14. Compile WU_TEST_106.fmb file
frmcmp.sh MODULE=$ORACLE_HOME/forms/WU_TEST_106.fmb USERID=webutil/webutil@orcl MODULE_TYPE=FORM
– no compilation errors
15.Launch the forms demo module:
15.1.Demo module appear on browser.
15.2. Click on the button “Get Client Info” and check if the client info are shown correctly.
Nice post u have here :D Added to my RSS reader
The title said: configureren Webutil 10.2.0.2 op Linux
How come you wrote: Open a DOS command prompt??
Are you sure that installation steps made for Linux and not for Windows??
Thanks for the comment!. I copied some text from a note, didn’t notice.
Updated the post in the meantime.
I have installed webutil on Linux ,oracle 10 g ver .10.2.0.2 ,
when calling WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_OPEN_DIALOG()function through the button on the form at runtime Application is getting Hang without any Errors.
I’m not a developer, but I’ll give it a try.
Did you check out your Jinitiator-console (or Sun Java) dialog (bottom of your screen)? No forms-error, but a Java-error. A missing frmwebutil.jar could be the cause.
When no errors found in the java, the configuration in formsweb.cfg or other configuration should be checked.
I also know that there’s an issue with ‘when_mouse_double_click’ (use ‘when_button_pressed’).
I can’t find WU_TEST_106.fmb in any of the downloaded files, is it no longer inside webutil_106.zip file provided by oracle?
Thanks! Apparently WU_TEST_106.fmb is no longer inside the webutil_106.zip file, provided by oracle. So you can download it here. I updated the post, right click on the name of the file and ‘save as..’.
I compiled the webutil.pll. But i got some java errors Can you pls tell me how to resolve this one?
Don’t know what kind of errors, but most common errors in this case are related to the setting of the path of your (java-)home while compiling or missing files. Could be:
– files missing (jacob.jar in [OraHome]\forms\java\ and jacob.dll in [OraHome]\forms\webutil\ ?)
– [OraHome]\jdk\bin should be first in the PATH for the forms-builder
– signed frmwebutil.jar and jacob.jar
This has been a long time ago for me, and I don’t have en environment to test it. Hope it helps.
Any have “hang” problem in forms , the solution is to recompile it under linux , using frmcmp cmd in bin .