After the upgrade of the 12c central agent to 13c, I noticed the new central agent’s home located under the wrong – old agent – directory: /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_184.108.40.206.0. Must have done something wrong. How to correct this? Want to move the directory to /u01/app/oracle/agent13c/. A very short blog to describe the two steps.
It’s a bit hidden away in the documentation (in the appendixes) but there’s a special procedure to do this, and it worked like a charm for me.
So, /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_220.127.116.11.0 should be /u01/app/oracle/agent13c/agent_18.104.22.168.0
Step 1: Create a list of plugins by using this command:
/u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_22.214.171.124.0/perl/bin/perl /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_126.96.36.199.0/sysman/install/create_plugin_list.pl -instancehome /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_inst/
A file /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/plugins.txt is created, used by the next command.
Step 2: Creating a new base directory for agent13c – where I didn’t need to stop the agent by the way, that’s all included in the script:
/u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_188.8.131.52.0/perl/bin/perl /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_184.108.40.206.0/sysman/install/AgentMigrate.pl -instanceHome /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_inst -newAgentBaseDir /u01/app/oracle/agent13c
Post actions to be done:
- Run root.sh from /u01/app/oracle/agent13c/agent_220.127.116.11.0/root.sh manually
- Deinstall (rm -R) agent home /u01/app/oracle/agent12c/agent_18.104.22.168.0 manually
And that’s it! Sometimes life is easy.
Moving the central agent base directory : https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E73210_01/EMUPG/GUID-C807B2F8-DA3A-4934-8C2E-7DFB63E9F65D.htm#EMUPG377